- GPA is the weighted average based on the grades obtained in all courses taken.
- McMaster’s definition of Cumulative GPA is:
- Cumulative GPA Units: The total number of course units you have earned, throughout your entire career, excluding courses with non-numeric grades that are not factored in the GPA calculation; i.e. P, NC, AUD or COM.
- Note: for McMaster students, only courses that have been completed at McMaster are counted in your cumulative GPA.
- No courses on Letter of Permission are to be counted in your cumulative GPA.
- A grade point average of B (8.0/12 on the McMaster Scale) is required for admission to the program. External students should refer to the OMSAS grade chart to determine how to convert their GPA to McMaster’s grading scale.
- If you are still unclear as to how your GPA should be calculated, please visit this web page for assistance https://gradecalc.info/ca/on/mcmaster/cumulative_gpa_calc.pl.
- Misrepresentation of your GPA will result in dismissal of your application.
*Please note that meeting this minimum GPA requirement does not guarantee admission.
There is no expectation for students to have any background in business prior to entering the BDC program. The business courses are designed for non-commerce students where they will learn fundamental concepts in finance, marketing, accounting and organizational behaviour.
There are no specific science requirements with the exception that at minimum, applicants must have completed one full year of both first year biology and chemistry.
- It is strongly recommended that students complete both organic chemistry courses CHEM 2OA3 and CHEM 2OB3 prior to entering into the BDC program.
- If not completed prior to entering the program, students must complete CHEM 2OA3 (by the end of level 3) and CHEM 2OB3 (by the end of level 4) in order to fulfill their degree requirements.
- Graduates from the BDC undergraduate program receive an Honour Bachelor of Health Sciences Degree (BHSc)
- To access the BDC application form, click on the hyperlink (available Fall 2022). Read and follow the instructions provided to ensure you are filling it out correctly.
- Once you submit your application you will no longer be able to access it, so please be sure your application is complete and accurate before submitting.
- Once complete, press the “Submit” button located on the bottom right hand corner of the page. A new page will appear with the message “Thank you! Your BDC application has been successfully submitted“.
- That message will serve as confirmation of your submission.
- If you have any questions regarding the application process, contact email@example.com.
- Students should arrive on time for their zoom appointment and be appropriately dressed for an interview.
- Be knowledgeable about the program and how it aligns with future academic/career goals.
- Practice interview questions to become comfortable with saying responses out loud.
- Students are not expected to bring a resume or any other supplies.
Students who have previously applied and were not offered admission, must complete a new application with updated information.
Yes. Level III students may be able to graduate with a Bachelor’s degree and apply to the BDC Program as a second degree student to obtain a separate BHSc degree. Level 3 students must speak to their Faculty/Program Office before applying to the program to inquire whether this is possible. Their BDC degree would be counted as a second degree. Note: applicants applying as a second degree student must also submit a McMaster Second Degree Application https://registrar.mcmaster.ca/build-degree/continuing-students-second-degree/ in addition to the BDC application by the deadline.
Note that the fees and tuition for the undergraduate programs change yearly. Please refer to the following for more information:
Click here and then select HEALTH SCIENCE – (HONOURS) to view.
- To calculate the cost of tuition, please note that full-time students complete a minimum of 30 units each academic year.
Letters of recommendation will not be accepted.
Applicants are only required to submit:
- The BDC application form
- OUAC application or the McMaster Returning Students application if applicable
- A transcript